Pull up a chair. Take a taste. Come join us. Life is so endlessly delicious. ― Ruth Reichl
Have you read Ruth Reichl books? I get submerged in the tastes and flavors as she describes them in her stories. They inspire to go discover and experiment for new treats.
I mostly love finding quick and healthy ways to feed our family. These protein balls are a simple and delicious way to add nutrition yo our day. The kids enjoy the process of making them and eating them for them is like a small accomplishment. I freeze some for later and keep some in the fridge for a quick healthy snack. My husband takes some with him to work too (he keeps them in a mini fridge) and enjoys them through the day.
Hope you enjoy these healthy treats and have fun in the kitchen making memories in the process.
Buen provecho! Bon Appetite
Chickpea Protein Cookie-Dough BallsLeila
- 1.5 cups Cooked Chickpeas or a 13.5oz can
- 3 tbsp Organic Smooth Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp Organic Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 3 tbsp Organic Cacao Nibs
- Cook chickpeas or use can ones. I prefer to buy them dry and cook them. I have sat down and even peel them but it is almost an unwanted punishment. They will taste grate with their skins on them.
- Using a food processor, mix cooled cooked chickpeas and all other ingredients except the Cacao Nibs
- Process until smooth. It should have the texture of cookie dough.
- Transfer dough into a bowl and add the cacao nibs. Mix and then roll into small ball size about a tablespoon size.
- Store in tight sealed container in the fridge or freezer to enjoy later on.